Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DD: December 12th

It's that time of year. . .to make Christmas cards. I just LOVE making my own cards for Christmas! I have to admit I have been working on these for awhile now, cutting out all the pieces and putting them in a basket for safe keeping. (easy work to do while I ma watching tv)

I found some thin fabric like ribbon stuff in an box of unused craft stuff someone gave me. I have no idea what exactly it is, but it is so thin it's hard to work with! It was perefct for my cards though.

All I really had left to do was basically put all the pieces together, a bit of doodling, and writing them up.

I even went and got these cute Christmas stamps to coordinate with my envelopes. . .

. . . which I decorated this year to coordinate with the cards. (something I saw on one of the stamping websites I had browsed) What a great idea! I think I may do that on all my envelopes from now on!

This year's cards actually turned out to be a bit more work than I had originally intended, but I am so please with the final results and exceptionally proud to place them in the mailbox! I am not only sending a holiday greeting to each of my friends and family, but also a little piece of myself. LOVE IT!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment