Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Let's Get Sketchy" Design Team

So there is this brand new scrapbook page sketch website that I found last week, Let's get Sketchy. I love designing with sketches, they always challenge me, so immediately I was intrigued. They are having a design team call which I figured I would try. I have been sending in submissions to several different DT calls, but there are so many extremely talented scrappers out there that I haven't been accepted yet. I just keep on trying, I haven't given up yet! Being part of a design team is also something that I added to my life list so that is going to make me extra persistent!

Anyway, Let's get sketchy has a really neat website. I encourage you to head on over and check it out, especially if you like designing from sketches. They are looking for a design team AND and a sketch team. The terms run March 1st through Sept. 1st. The design team would be asked to complete 2 layouts per month from a given sketch. I am really excited about the chance to design for them, wish me luck.


Here is the sketch they provided:











Here is the page I designed:


I stayed pretty true to the sketch for this one, but I love the way it turned out. I love the pink and brown combination too.

For the embellishments I just layed some plain and scalloped circles that I had crumpled a bit for added dimension. I stiched a button unto the center for a completed look.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. lovely layout, great job with the sketch, thanks for applying. I will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job!! I love the color and all the great buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! Love the colors you used on this one!

    ReplyDelete