Friday, April 19, 2013

Cookie sheet memo board!

Hey all! Just thought I'd share another completed project from pinterest. This was an old cookie sheet my mom was ready to throw out. I saved it and turned it into a beautiful memo board.
This is the base. I simple used some mod podge to adhere some coordinating papers to the pan. Then I hot glued a wooden N, that I had painted and covered with glitter, to the corner.

This is my memo board with all the papers and notes hung on it. I mostly just used basic clothespins with magnets attached. The one at the top I took the time to embellish with some paper and an owl made from the Stampin Up owl punch.

I also wanted to make sure there was a writing utensil kept with the board. At first I just tied a ribbon around a pen and tied it to the top of the board, but I didn't like the way it looked so I got crafty and make a half cup from some cardboard scraps. I simply cut and stapled the pieces, making sure the back was flat to attach a magnet. Then I mod podged on some paper to match the board, an viola! A place to keep pens that looked cute!

The completed project hanging on the front of my cabinet, I love it! It won't be staying here, but for now it looks super cute.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, got your card, and how funny I've been thinking about all our swaps too! We're not the only ones, so has Erika, Kathi and Court! Thanks so much for the thoughtful card :) life is busy and very good!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete