Monday, December 10, 2012

Finished project

I promised when I was done I would have a post to show you what I was working on, so here it is!! I needed a new way to display my necklaces since I was running out of room in my jewelry box and could no longer even tell what all I had. So I found some fun options on pinterest (have I ever mentioned how much I love pinterest??) I decided to go with this one simply because I loved it's functionality, even though it wasn't as much fun or as interesting as all the others I had seen. I mean there were some made from twigs, silverware trays, old rakes (one of my personal favorites), and a ladder just to name a few.

So you already saw pictures of me painting my boards (5 gallon paint sticks). I used hunter green to match the trim in my room.

My dad helped me drill holes and attach the cup hooks. Finding a size that worked for me was a challenge and I ended up using ones that were a bit bigger than I originally envisioned.


I spaced the hooks about 1 inch apart on 3 of the sticks and 1 1/2 apart on the last one (for bigger necklaces). I originally painted 5 sticks, but only ended up putting together and using 4.

Then we simply nailed them to the wall using the necklaces themselves for spacing.

 When it was finished I categorized my necklaces, cause I am a perfectionist and wanted them organized! All my great grandmother's jewelry together, my "go to" necklaces together, ect. There is even a bunch of space at the bottom for my collection to grow.












I am so thankful for all my dad's help putting everything together and I just love my new necklace hanger. (and I have been wearing pieces I forgot I even had due to the fact that I can now see them all!!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: