Thursday, January 5, 2012

1000 Gifts

I have been thinking about doing a gratitude journal this year, 365 things that I am thankful for. At first that sounded like a lot but as I sat down the last 4 days to write my gratitude list, I noticed just how many things there were to chose from! I couldn't write just 1 thing down per day! Then I discovered the Joy dare and thought that was exactly what I wanted to do. Recording 1000 gifts God has given me in 2012! That's only 3 things a day and I already know He has blessed me with so much more!
I love her video about the journey she has taken, about how to live fully awake so that we don't miss a single thing!



Her blog is absolutely inspiring. She describes this "dare" as forming a habit, " A habit of not complaining, but the habit of giving thanks; the habit of not worrying, but a habit of worshipping. The habit of repeatedly giving God praise that our lives might become a prayer. Small is always the leverage of large. It’s one moment after the other, the small moments that turn a life. It’s the small actions that can change a life. It’s habits that can imprison you and it’s habits that can free you and when thanks to God becomes a habit, so joy in God becomes your life."

So I encourage you to take a few moments each day to join me in this Joy Dare! God is good, all you have to do is look around you!

"O taste and see that the LORD is good" Psalms 34:8a

No comments:

Post a Comment