Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! Can you believe its 2010?? So do you refer to that as twenty ten or two thousand and ten? Just curious! I personally say twenty ten, so much easier, but seriously they both sound odd to me!!

Anyway I uswed my surprise day off yesterday to get some new years cleaning done in my scrap room. I have sooooo many projects that I started and just never got back around to finishing!! I couldn't believe it! And now is not the time to start them because I have all my Christmas/New Years picture to scrap!! (which is TONS!) And I found all these cool tools and supplies that I forgot I had because they got put in a drawer when something new came along. Guess its time to try some "new" techniques on my pages with all my old supplies :)

One of the project that I have been working on for the last year and a half has been my "that's Life" album. It is an idea I got from one of the Memory Makers book called. . . you guessed it That's Life. Basically I just took each breakdown from the book and have been making pages for those topics. The lastest one I created was for 'things I would miss'. This category actually took me awhile to think of something. I wanted it to be creative. But finally inspiration struck and I set off to create my page. Thanks to my sister!





I based my page off the lyrics to trace adkins 'you're gonna miss this' song. Sharing the coach with my sister has always been a challenge, whether we are watching a movie or reading books, whatever. She likes to stretch out and take up at least 3/4 of the space. She doesn't mind jostling you a bit or tucking her cold feet underneath you. It has always been so annoying!! But lately she has been spending more and more time away from home. And as I sit on the coach alone I have come to miss that push-shove relationship we have always shared there. As silly as it sounds some days I wish I was squished onto 1/4 of the couch with a cold foot constantly jostling me! Funny how those little annoying things become part of our routines and oddly enough something we sometimes look forward to!

As I have time I wanna pull out the rest of my album and share it with you. It was definitely a challenging yet fun project. Or should I say is, since of course that is another work in progress!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, twenty ten, hum, I'm with you, they both sound strange, but it will take me about a month or two to write 2010.
    I love this lay out, great pics. I clean out my supplies or start opening drawers and find all these goodies. It's like a free shopping spree in my own home!
    Happy New Year.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete