Monday, January 11, 2010

My weekend

So this weekend we were finally able to have our Christmas progressive dinner- the one that was cancelled due to the snow. it was so much fun! We only had 2 stops instead of the usual 4 due to the rescheduling, but it was neat having a change of pace. We also did a four part devotional, I was blessed to be able to be a part of that. At first I was really nervous, I am not the speak-in-front of people type! It never ceases to amaze me when I allow God to work through me what He can do. I just spoke from the heart and honestly forgot that I was standing in front of a group of people. The theme I was given to speak on was quiet times, something I have just recently worked thru in my own life. I have been struggling with prioritizing and making sure that I have enough time as opposed to squeezing it in whenever. I was reminded of an illustration I heard in high school and was able to share with my friends/peers. If you fill a jar with sand, that represents any activities I might do (ie. sports, computers, tv, reading, scrapping, ect.) then you add a golfball, that represents God, the golfball never fits inside the jar! But if you take that same jar and add the golfball first, then add the same amount of sand it will all fit into the jar. Every time! It's hard to believe until you actually see it done. But its a pretty cool illustration. And the truth behind it never fails.
The rest of my weekend was spent birthday shopping. My mom turns 50 next week! I am having a surprise card shower and a party for her. Its a lot of work but she definitely deserves it! She wants a new recliner so thats what we have been searching for. It has been so difficult to find one that she'll like that will match the living room and thats within our price range, but finally Sunday afternoon we found one!! I am excited to give it to her!! It'll be nice to when all this planning is over too. As fun as it is, it can be so exhausting! But well worth it all in the end!

2 comments:

  1. I love that illustration, forgot all abouat that. I need to empty my jar and put the golf ball in first. THanks for the reminder and sharing with others. Sheesh, your mother is actually going to be 2 years older than me. Sheesh and I am young! Sheesh!
    Really, I act young and goofy, even my girls tell me that. Sheesh!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great illustration, Jenn, thanks for sharing. Hope your mom has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete