Monday, May 22, 2017

Birthday Cruise!

So my best friend, Hope and I both have May birthdays and decided a vacation was in order. After tossing around many options, we settled on a cruise to the Bahamas! Great decision! I personally am an island girl, love everything about the islands and jump at every chance I get to travel there! This is my 3rd trip to the Caribbean area.
 We went with Carnival cruises and loved both their ship and their staff!
 This was my daily room view, who wouldn't want to wake up to this... Amazing!!
 Our room attendant, Fadil, was fantastic and always willing to help us out. I know it is a cruise thing, but he did a great job leaving us little towel friends to greet us after our day of exploring! So cute!
 We discovered 2 areas on the ship that we absolutely fell in love with, the adult only Serenity deck, with the hot tubs overlooking the ocean. Seriously? We are 2 two very lucky girls!
Monday night was formal night, and while we only packed the basics, we managed to pull ourselves together enough to be presentable. Hope decided to give me a mini makeover. I am not a very big makeup person, and all the stuff she put on made my eyes feel very heavy, but accented them very nicely.
 Tuesday was our day in Nassau. We found a gorgeous beach within walking distance of the ship. We got locally made hats had a blast! I did burn my back a tad, but with no clouds and sunshine bouncing off crystal clear water I couldn't really expect anything less!
Wednesday we spent the day in Freeport. We booked a shore excursion to do a little sight seeing of the island, which included the local candle and soap making factory, the wildlife preserve, the local straw market, and of course a beautiful beach stop for the afternoon.
All of our evenings ended with gorgeous sunsets. The last night was the coolest... to the west was the sunset and to the east was the full moon rising, all over the ocean. I couldn't even take a picture to do it justice. Just some of God's handiwork at its finest.
Love our adventures and can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment