Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pocket Letters

Hey all!! I know its been ages since I've been on and posted anything, but life has been so busy!! I got a promotion last June, as you may remember, to territory manager. It keeps me on the go and very busy most days. Every once in awhile I have some down time in which I have been working on a new craft...pocket letters! you may have seen or heard about them. Basically a crafters version of a penpal letter :) I stumbled across them on instagram and immediately fell in love with the concept! Then I found her blog Janette Lane Pocket Letters here is her description what a pocket letter is: "I created Pocket Letters™ as a new way to send letters to your new or existing pen pals. Basically, you fill all the pockets of a 9 Pocket Trading Card Protector and send the whole page to someone who wants to swap with you. This can be a one-time exchange or you can keep exchanging Pocket Letters indefinitely. You fill the pockets with anything you like (stickers, tea bags, a note, washi tape samples, pictures, etc.) A short note or letter is included and tucked into one of the pockets. Then the Pocket Letter is folded up and sent in a standard 10 size envelope. It's theperfect way to send and collect letters from other Pocket Letter Pals (ie people who are sending mail in this format) around the world and a convenient way to store them. They fit perfectly in a binder. "-Janette Lane. 
 I am currently swapping on the pocket pals network on Janettes website and have a goal to swap with someone from all 50 states. So far I have received 21 state swaps!! And if anyone is interested in swapping, I'd love to hear from you...but be warned once you start you can't stop!! And I will leave you with some of my work...





No comments:

Post a Comment